Have you been hearing scratching in your walls or animals scampering around in your attic? These noises are most likely due to a mice problem. Mice are not very good about staying out of sight or out of mind of their human housemates. Unfortunately, these rodents are very common throughout the United States, so the chance of you encountering them throughout your lifetime is inevitable. Mice are very quick and nimble climbers, which means they can enter very small places. If you suspect that you have a mice problem, call Critter Control of Bloomington today or use our contact form HERE!
Get Rid of House Mice
Unfortunately, there's no be-all-end-all prevention method that guards against house mouse infestations. Property owners often have to employ multiple techniques to reduce the possibility of encouraging the rodents. Some easily implemented and helpful tips include:
- Cleaning homes regularly
- Sealing cracks in building foundations
- Eliminating clutter in attics and basements
- Keeping food stored in airtight and rodent-proof containers
- Removing collections of debris in yards
Common Mice Problems
Here at Critter Control of Bloomington, we know just how much damage can be done to your house due to mice, especially in large populations. Here are some of the common problems associated with mice:
- Homes with central heating make for an ideal nesting opportunity for these rodents during winter months.
- As their teeth will grow rapidly and continuously, mice must chew on things to keep their teeth from overgrowing.
- House mice also chew on electrical wires, which can lead to shorts or even electrical fires.
- They also can mutilate crops, gnaw through containers of food, and even contaminate packages with their urine and droppings.
- These rodents have the capacity to spread salmonellosis, leptospirosis, rat-bite fever, and tapeworms and may carry fleas, ticks, and similar parasites.
Full-Service Mouse Removal
House mice aren't very sneaky; infestations can be detected early. When the first signs of activity appear, contact the professionals at Critter Control of Bloomington. Our trained technicians have the tools and extensive knowledge of house mouse behavior to quickly and safely remove mice. Call us today or request more information on our mouse removal process HERE!Request a Quote