Rat Control Services in Bloomington
Rats will get into any structure they believe has sufficient shelter and food for them; this is often homes and businesses. Critter Control of Bloomington is ready to remove rats from your home! Our full-service rat control services also include rat prevention & exclusion. Give Critter Control of Bloomington a call or contact us online HERE!
Did you know rats can squeeze into holes as small as 3/4 inch? It can be difficult to identify each potential rat entry point, but that's where the experts come in. Your Critter Control of Bloomington rat technician will identify entry points and create a plan. A few common rat control techniques your technician might implement include:
- Rat trapping
- Fixing and replacing attic insulation
- Sealing rat entry holes
- Rat droppings clean up and removal
Common Rat Problems
Rats and other rodents carry many diseases and parasites that can be transmitted to you, your family, and your pets. Additional common rat problems include:
- Contamination of human food
- Gnawing electric wires, which can cause electrical fires
- Building nests in attic, basement, or walls
Which Types of Rats Do We Have in Bloomington?
- The most prevailing type of rat in Bloomington (and the entire world) is the Norway rat. The brown Norway rat is also known as the "common rat", "street rat" or "sewer rat". Reaching a size of up to 1 lb and a length of 15 inches including their slender tail, Norway rats are often found in unhygienic areas where food is plentiful.
- Perhaps one of the most notorious types of rats, the roof rat is also referred to as the black rat—or ship rat, which references their journey to get to the continent in the 17th and 18th centuries alongside early European settlers.
Is There A Rat In My House?
Similar to mice, it's easy to determine you have rats in your home. Rat droppings and prints differ in size from those of mice. Rats also leave grease marks along their path—mostly trim and walls. Brown rats are notorious for digging rat holes, which are burrow systems under your home. Rat burrows are often built next to solid objects like your home's foundation.
Where To Look For Rats
Unfortunately, dark & isolated spaces like your attic or unoccupied lofts can make great nesting areas for the rodents and bring them into frequent contact with you and your loved ones or pets.
- Rats are commonly found in areas of your Bloomington home that have readily available nesting materials, like the attic.
- Rats also favor the space behind appliances like washers, dryers, fridges, dishwashers, and more.
Critter Control of Bloomington's rat removal professionals will employ several methods to get rid of your rodent issue. These include improving sanitation, removing hiding places, excluding rats, and occasionally using necessary tools such as traps and rodenticides. Our wildlife experts may prefer to use rat repellents, rat fumigants, and rat trapping systems to ensure the effectiveness of the rat control method.
If you are a resident or business owner in Lawrence, Monroe, Bartholomew, Decatur, Washington, Scott, Jefferson, Jackson, Brown, Orange, or Ripley counties, we can help you get rid of rat problems—call our Bloomington office today. You can also reach our rat removal specialists online.Request a Quote