All rodents are troublesome pests in the Bloomington area—including the chipmunk. Chipmunk problems range from a damaged garden to weakened structural integrity of sidewalks and even home foundations. Contact the professionals at Critter Control of Bloomington today for fast chipmunk control and take back your property today! You can also reach our chipmunk control experts online.
Chipmunk Control in Bloomington
Is It a Chipmunk or Squirrel?
Chipmunks are perhaps the most prominent type of ground squirrel. They’re smaller than tree squirrels and featured more prominent stripes, but have similar food-seeking and burrowing behavior. Like squirrels, they mostly stick to the exterior of your Bloomington home, but they do occasionally get inside. Chipmunks are omnivorous, meaning they'll eat mostly anything (including insects, unlike squirrels).
Best Ways to Get Rid of Chipmunks
- Mesh and/or hardware cloth can discourage chipmunks from digging for plants and flowers.
- Making changes to your landscape that will remove chipmunks’ favored habitats, like those in wood piles and brush.
- Removing bird feeders & pet food (both easy chipmunk food sources)
- Chipmunk trapping
- As ground squirrels, chipmunks make their burrows underground. This manifestation is a major source of chipmunk damage. They prefer to locate their burrows near areas of sufficient cover, like foliage or buildings.
- The magnitude of chipmunk damage to landscapes when they’re searching for food, like flower bulbs, seeds, and vegetables, can belie chipmunks’ small size.
Getting rid of all chipmunk food sources can be difficult because chipmunks are resourceful, but we can help. Call Critter Control of Bloomington today to get rid of your chipmunk problem for good!Request a Quote